Thursday, August 18, 2011

With my feet dangling at his knees...

I would like to think that I'm not the only crazy person in this world.  I know, I'm taking a leap here.  I would also like to think that I'm not the only woman that gets moody for reasons even I can't put my finger on.  I start the day off great... all grins and a joyful heart as I do my chores, prepare breakfast, and go about our regular daily tasks.  Then quite suddenly (I do mean, quite suddenly) I find myself in some strange place where what I say and think don't really match up.  I'm in a [drum roll, please] MOOD, around here we call it, "THE MOOD".  The very word makes Big C cringe.  I can guarantee, nothing bewilders this stout beast of a man more than when I utter those words to him.  I'll even bet that if I said that single word over the phone, there would inevitably be some major catastrophe at work that required his presence until such a time as THE MOOD was better.

It's odd crazy.

So... here's a "sample" scenario of said MOOD:

Big C comes home, and yep, he usually gets to work on work on our beautiful red sofa... quite a crazy concept to come home from work to keep on working... especially on a red sofa.  Alas, that is my life.  Or, let's say he doesn't get to work and he does... say, anything else (at times, I do wonder what it would be like if he were a recliner 'mote-clicker kinda man). 

Eventually, he notices I'm all clammed up, not saying much, not smiling, and certainly not the happy go-lucky lady he left at home that morning.  Quite innocently he asks, "Is everything okay?  Did I do something to make you angry?"

My very simple and straight to the point answer is, "No."  Afterall, I am completely aware that I don't understand why I'm in a funk, so there's really no point in trying to explain it to him.  I'll even bet a happy meal that most men wouldn't understand why I don't understand how I'm feeling and if I don't understand how I feel, why am I feeling moody?  See the predicament... I just don't understand.

That's the situation as it occurs.  However, seeing that we've been together for almost half of our lives, Big C has learned to adapt to THE MOOD.  It's taken great pains on his part as the trial and error wasn't always easy.  So how does he deal with it?  Well, he scoops me up in his arms for a long hug (it's always best when my feet are dangling at his knees) and when he sets me back down he takes my hand and begins dancing with me.  At this point the children come running after hearing all my giggles and insist that this private dance become a family dance.  Quite simply, it's the cureall for THE MOOD. 

So, my personal lesson for myself, since the situation described occured this very day not six hours ago... if I'm in THE MOOD and I find myself wondering why me, why again, why do I feel this way?  I'm going to stop what I'm doing, find Big C and my littles, get a big huge hug, and dance a little.

I can't explain the crazy away.  I certainly can't figure out THE MOOD... but I can combat the crazy with giggles and love.  And, it's even better when my feet are dangling at his knees.

2 comments:

  1. If only we all could snap out of 'THE MOOD' so easily! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you're reading!